There may be a few reasons to sync DNS across a server. One error that may come up when attempting to load a site reads:
This site can’t be reached
example.com’s server IP address could not be found.
- The first steps would be to make sure the nameservers are all correct on WHMCS and also look at the nameservers on the WHOIS record.
- Then, Check DNS records on What’s My DNS. If propagation is failing and the nameservers are correct, one thing to try is syncing DNS on the server level.
Syncing DNS on the server level
- Go to WHM for the server the domain is on
- In the search box type “sync” and select “Synchronize DNS Records”
- Synchronize one zone to all servers, type the domain you’re syncing and select “synchronize” at the bottom.
The work is done pretty subtly, with a simple message “syncing example.com” and once complete, it will simply add the word “done” to the end, so read carefully.
- After syncing, check DNS again
- Give it time to propagate. There are a few things you can do to see the site going forward or get things moving faster on your end: You can flush DNS, change your WiFi network, or you can use a skip DNS link to preview what the site will look like as soon as it has propagated.