To add/edit/remove items from your Domain of One’s Own homepage menu, follow the steps below:
- Log in as an administrator to your DoOO WP instance. This will likely be at yourproject.edu/wp-login.php?wp.
- Navigate to the main WordPress dashboard, and click Appearance > Menus.
- Click create a new menu.
- Give your new menu a name. Click Create Menu.
- Check the boxes next to Dashboard and Homepage to pull these necessary items to your new menu. If you have a Request Form, you’ll want to check that box as well. Click Add to Menu.
- If you’re adding a page that you’ve created within your DoOO WP instance, click the View All tab under the Pages drop-down to see a list of all created pages. If you’re adding a custom link (i.e. a webpage outside your DoOO WP instance) click the drop-down next to Custom Links in the lefthand menu.
^I’ve got a separate WordPress install for State University Documentation, so I’ll link that as a custom link. Add the URL in the first field shown above, and the public-facing menu text in the second field. Click Add to Menu.
- Drag and Drop menu items under the Menu Structure section to change the order in which they appear. Check Main Menu box under Display Location. When you’re ready, click Save.
Navigate back to the DoOO Homepage. You should now see your new menu: